- 1 1/2 cups raw flaxseeds (brown or golden) golden is more tender.
- 3/4 cups ground raw flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of one or two combinations of the following: raw sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, etc; roughly chopped
- 2 1/4 cup water (Soak the all of the seeds overnight with the water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- The next 5 ingredients are optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill or 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped
After 8+ hours of soaking mix all ingredients together. Spread out thinly on a ParaFlexx or Teflex dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate at 145 degrees for the first hour, after that, turn it down to 120 and dehydrate until you can easily remove them from the flex sheets and place them on the racks, dehydrate until crispy; about 9-24 hours.
Most raw foodist agree that dehydrating at 145 degrees for the first hour is good to prevent mold. The actual food temperature does not go over 118 degrees during the first hour because the evaporation of the water keeps things cool.