- ¼ cup dried lentils
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup Gluten Free quick rolled oats
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed or ground
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked or canned chickpeas
- 2/3 cup each carrot, celery, Spanish onion, finely chopped
- ½ each red pepper and green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup extra firm tofu, grated
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted and crushed or ground
- 1 tbsp salt
- In medium saucepan, combine lentils, quinoa, and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes. Drain.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl mix together the bread crumbs, rolled oats, walnuts, chickpeas, carrot, celery, onion, peppers, tofu, green onions, and pumpkin. Add the lentil/quinoa combo and mix well. With a potato masher, mash the mixture down.
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- Form mixture into burger-sized patties. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes. Serve on buns with toppings.